Saturday, August 26, 2006

iPout

You know, I think that to bore people more than I have already about my new baby would be to commit a crime against cool, and I've never done that before in my life, not once. I can even refer to myself in the third person, like, "M Dawggg wants a fawty," and retain my dignity. For M Dawggg to go on about his new found wireless networking capabilities, Intel Core Duo power, DVD Superdrive and Magsafe power cable would be wack, so he won't.

What I will say, though, is that this magic box I'm typing on now (really badly - stupid tiny keyboard) is, I reckon, built mostly for MySpace use. It has a little camera above the screen which seems to serve no purpose at all other than to pout at and take photos of yourself with, which is exactly what EVERYONE on MySpace does. Why, M Dawggg asks himself? How come everyone on MySpace has this overwhelming urge to grab a camera, hold it in front of them as far as they can reach, usually from above, and pout? Anyway, with this thing I can do that with both hands free, leaving me able to do other things, like enjoy a brew:


You'll note that I can add zany effects to my picture for that touch of class. I won that cup for being Angel of the Month at Office Angels, by the way, and like I said to a friend recently, when I drink out of it I know exactly what it must be like to drink champagne out of the FA Cup, sipping from the chalice of achievement.

Anyway, I didn't write this so I could pout into my iSight camera (see what they did there?) or to tell you about the tiny remote control I can operate it with, but to spread some sensational irony. I came here to self-indulgently lament self-indulgence on this blog because of the season in my life I'm about to go into, the season that prompted me to ditch desktop dallying and opt for mobile, er, movement. What I'm saying is that I'll shortly be doing far more by way of purposeful writing, leaving me with far less time to splatter the kind of inwardly-focussed verbal diarrhea I usually deposit on this page. As such there are two was my blog life could go:

1. It could die.

2. It could become a more purposeful and interesting pursuit, tied inextricably with the 'proper' writing I'm doing at any given time, making it more useful for me and more entertaining (hopefully) for you.

As always, a number two is more satisfying than a number one.

I need to be real, however, and stress that this could all be folly because I might turn out to be a bit rubbish when it comes to the crunch and find myself devoid of any meaningful journalistic nous. One thing I'm certain of is that come September I'll be busier, but whether I'll be able to bag some decent writing assignments is anyone's guess. There are some cool things on the horizon though, so I'll just have to play my cards right and see what happens. I need to learn how to use this keyboard properly for a start.


And spend less time pouting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet. But, as tha Big Dawg might say, your Macbook isn't "official" until it's been pimped with a custom laser-etched design:

http://lifehacker.com/software/laptop/laser-etching-a-powerbook-197202.php

Super Dope Fly said...

DAYANG! That looks tight! Well, the process does anyway. Not sure about the design. Now all I need to do is make me a sweet gangsta logo that I won't be embarrassed about after three days. Or I could play safe and go for the superman logo tattoo - a tasteful an timeless classic.