Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Gonna Cry Now

This story is old now, but I thought I'd spread the joy here because I was happy when I read it. If you can't be bothered with it, basically the story goes that one of the statues commissioned for Rocky III (three statues were made) has been placed back where it belongs, on top of the steps which lead to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Some of the Philly art stiffs, though, have branded it a mere movie prop, arguing it doesn't belong among proper art.

That's all well and good, but I bet they'd consider it art if it depicted a fat woman with a tail and a horse's head and was sculpted out of fossilised cat cack. Plus, I'd guess the statue already has, and will continue to, bring more visitors to the museum than any of the real art inside.

So Fifi and Trixibelle are choking on their organic berets now, but it's nothing that chopping a cow in half won't solve. If I was a thoughtful writer I'd say something terribly cheesy about another triumph for the underdog, but I'm just not that good.

No comments: